Meetings with Guest Workers on Saipan, Tinian, and Rota















Photos from Itos Feliciano ©2008

July 25, 2008

I am in the CNMI with my daughter, Nani for two weeks to meet with and interview guest workers and their families in  order to prepare  an updated  status report on present conditions and concerns.  I will summarize and  highlight issues that the guest workers would like to see considered for regulations for PL 110-229.  Findings and concerns will be presented to federal officials.  If anyone has concerns or suggestions, you can reach me through Jerry, Irene,  Khondaker, or Zhai on Saipan;  Autur or Ellen on Tinian; and Gani or Art on Rota.  They are coordinating schedules for when I will be visiting non-resident workers and friends on each island.  

There will be a meeting at the Roundhouse in Garapan at 6:00pm  Saturday July 26.  Another meeting is scheduled for Sunday, July 27 in Tinian, and meetings in Rota will be next weekend. A separate meeting for the parents of US citizen children (and the children, of course!) will be held Wednesday, July 30 at 5:30pm at Kilili Beach.   If you would like to meet with me privately you can schedule a time and hopefully, I can accommodate everyone. Hope to see you soon!

Wendy

0 comments: