Goodbye for a While



September 12, 2010

This site will be closing for a while while I attend to things in my world in Florida.  I will be setting up the Fifth Annual Peace Art Exhibit at Orlando City Hall for the Global Peace FIlm Festival this week.

I also need to devote hours to finishing an article on the human cost of remittances and the exploitation of foreign workers from sea to shining sea. This is a project I am doing for one of my favorite national non-profit organizations. When published, it will reach many more hundreds of thousands of readers than this blog reaches. My hope is that it will jolt more Americans into supporting comprehensive immigration reform and bring awareness that will help to end the exploitation and abuse of foreign workers on U.S. soil and world-wide.

I will still be quietly working on CNMI and U.S. immigration issues and will continue corresponding with U.S. officials while away from this blog. My friends, you know how to reach me if you need assistance.

Back in a few weeks!  Meanwhile I leave you with some peaceful photos of my garden taken over the last few months.


























 










 




   










14 comments:

malou said...

I will surely miss your blog. Though I may not regularly posting comments, I am reguarly reading almost all your articles. This is where I can weigh things out especially with the comments.
Will be waiting for your return here.
Good luck to all your projects and passions!

Anonymous said...

Prayerful best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Wendy, for all that you do. I will greatly miss your blog, and hope to see you back online soon. Where will your next article be published? I look forward to reading it.

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding photography. Thanks for sharing.

If you are going to take a brief hiatus from this blog in favor of higher priority projects, what better time than the CNMI "pre-election silly season"?

Anonymous said...

I will surely miss your blog, Ms. Wendy!! I've been reading your articles almost everyday... thanks for sharing your thoughts to us and thank you for your concern for the CW of CNMI!! Mabuhay and I will be waiting for your next article. God bless you always!!

Saipan Writer said...

Thanks for the update, the beauty of your garden and the flame of hope.

Will be keeping an eye open for when you return.

Anonymous said...

bautiful! u are a lover of life, peace and earth! Y are a great Ms. Wendy! May God bless u with all ur advocacies in Life. We will look forward to ur return. God bless

TAGLISH said...

I will miss this blog. I read this everyday before any local newspaper.

May God bless you and your family always.

We'll wait for you.

BOTW said...

I will surely miss your blog, but I know that in your TO DO list, you have to prioritize. I wish authorities here in the CNMI have your kind of judgement.

I wish you the best in all your undertakings. I will be waiting for your regular posts.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

we will miss you and surely wait for your return..god speed..

Melberlin said...

Sorry for posting this late, I am about to leave that night when I read this issue (especially the other issue that you're planning to end this blog). Now I'm back to say goodbye to you Wendy can be hard but knowing that you'll return is a relief. We will miss you everyday until you return.

Don said...

Good luck & God bless

Glen said...

wendy,

do you have one more blog post in you? would love to see your take on these documents:

http://www.kililiforcongress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105



oh my how much of a web the AG has woven (or is it weaved).

for him to state straight-faced to the media that the party was never a political gathering and was merely a welcoming party for the new AAGs was a flat out lie. government time and resources were also used in this process. this is a very troubling situation. i am glad that Kilili requested these documents.

i also did not see any documents or submittal from the AAG that has been appointed by Fitial to oversee the elections, Meaghan. she does show up on Tina Sakisat's list of attendees.

Wendy said...

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and understanding. I will try to post once a weekend until I catch up with work. I posted a weekend post above!