Staffers Visit Saipan

May 18, 2011

Brian Modeste, photo by W.L. Doromal@2008
Robert Schwalbach, photo by W.L. Doromal ©2009 

Three staffers from the U.S. House Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans and Insular Affairs are visiting local and federal officials on Saipan.  Two are among my favorite staffers on the Hill -Brian Modeste and Robert Schwalbach.

They announced that there will be a hearing this summer in July or August concerning federalization and P.L. 110-229. I will be there if it is held in Washington, DC.

I have been working on a report (an analysis and recommendations on H.R. 1466), which includes the need to grant the legal, long-term nonresident workers green cards and a pathway to citizenship. My work on the report and extensive time spent educating NGOs and officials on the plight of the CNMI's nonresidents and their families has taken me away from blogging, as some have noticed. Hopefully, we will realize positive results.

Read more at the Saipan Tribune.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Wendy, keep it up, as always you're our hero!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you mam wendy for all the help and hardwork for the guest workers get their overdue status. God Bless you always.

Anonymous said...

Please show all concerns on the CNMI's nonresidents.Let the people in the mainland understand we are the people too. You are the best representative of the CNMI's nonresidents.God bless you! God bless USA!

TAGLISH said...

Thank you, Wendy! I just want you to know that your help to us is very much appreciated. CW’s can’t thank you enough for all the hard work and untiring support you have given to us. I have nothing to pay you back for your kindness but I strongly believe in prayers. Prayers please God. You and your family are in my prayers to give you wisdom and strength to pursue your advocacy. I truly admire people like you because I can not do what you’re doing.

Wendy said...

Thank you Taglish and anonymous commenters for the support and prayers. It has been an honor and privilege to advocate for the nonresidents of the CNMI. I hope we can find a champion in Congress who will stand up for American principles and justice and finally grant green cards to the legal, long-term residents.